Dispel Fear with Crystals•
Dispel Fear with Crystal Support
Fear is a funny thing … it’s an emotion that can be rooted deep in our psyche - and therefore can be supremely unsettling, anxiety inducing and downright paralyzing. At the same time it’s often quite irrational and un-explainable. Even though we know this, we have the fear anyway.
George Addair famously coined the phrase:
“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
Now, we all know that fear can be powerful. But I believe we are more powerful than our fears.
Fear can take hold in a myriad of ways and many different forms. Fear of spiders, public speaking, flying, going to the dentist. Or it can have a broader scope and a greater impact on your quality of life. Fear of failure, fear of speaking your truth, fear of trusting yourself, fear of change. Large or small, fears can insidiously work their way into our thoughts and behavior.
Fear of change - clinging to what we know and are comfortable with. Not wanting to leave our comfort zone. That’s a big one for a lot of people. Because to live is to experience constant change, and it's happening anyway, regardless of whether or not you are on board. So, it can stir up a lot of fear for some people.
Spiritual Teacher Eckhart Tolle suggests you look at your relationship with uncertainty. Tolle asks: Can you get comfortable with uncertainty?
A few years ago, I was on a women's retreat a few years back in the Rennes Le Chateaux, France and our group was taking a break out on a walk. Somehow we got on the subject of fear and it was fascinating to me how many different acronyms people threw out there for what this word represented to them. You might be familiar with a few of them. Here are some examples:
- Forget Everything And Run
- False Evidence Appearing Real
- Face Everything and Rise
Remember that fear is temporary. It can be frightening and even paralyzing - but it is temporary.
The thing about fear is that it can shoot an arrow straight into your heart and circulate down to all the lower Chakras.
Fear blocks Flow
It obstructs the energetic flow of your bodies naturals rhythms and energy centers. It builds barricades, blocking your Chakras. And imbalances that show up as fear can sometimes indicate a closed 1st (or base) Chakra. It can also indicate imbalances in the 2nd Chakra - which governs change and how you deal with change, what your comfort level is and how you react to change. So the 2nd Chakra asks you to let go and let it flow.
One of the ways to conquer fear is a change in perspective. And a change in perspective can lead to awakening on many levels. Crystals can support you along the way.
Now, having said of the above, I must also include that I 108% believe in gut feelings. I have cancelled plans and more based on a bad feeling, an inner knowing that is very strong. And I’ve learned this from experience. I have been burned when I did not listen, and I’ve learned from those lessons.
So, I absolutely believe in following your own gut feelings when warning bells go off. Adjust your sails as needed.
However, fear is not the same thing. Fear often comes from a different place and is not necessarily a gut feeling. Generally speaking, most fear that we face in today's times comes from the ego and it can block you from living your truest potential - from living the life of your dreams.
Now, if you ever feel unsafe, experiencing severe panic, paralyzing anxiety, or have a clinical diagnosis, seeking professional help is the best course of action. There are highly trained doctors, therapists and energy medicine practitioners that can all help support and complement each others therapies.
Dispelling fear is a process. It's not usually an overnight fix; it takes time and dedication. But luckily there are energetic tools that you can learn to help you work through and release. Right here we’re going to talk about some crystals that can help dispel fear.
There are so many crystal options. That’s one of the most beautiful things about the mineral kingdom; there are over 4,000 known minerals and undoubtedly more that remain undiscovered. That means endless combinations and opportunities to find the right stone or combination of stones for you.
Which Crystals help with Fear?
Here are six crystal suggestions to help work through fears:
1. Black Tourmaline: In so many instances, Black Tourmaline is the King for crushing fear. This has been my personal experience and I’ve also heard from clients and many others in the crystal healing community praising Black Tourmaline for this kind of support. It is a deeply grounding and protective stone and immediately feels like it is connecting you to the earth energy.
Keeping you on solid footing with its gentle yet fortifying influence. It’s extremely beneficial for soothing panic attacks. I’ve found that wearing Black Tourmaline as a bracelet or necklace is helpful in any situations that you might feel vulnerable or afraid. It’s a stone that resonates with your Root Chakra and supports your sense of safety and security.
2. Labradorite: Magical and spiritual. This stone is great for heightening your intuition, which you can tap into to help face fear - tapping into your inner knowing. It also has a protective bit to it and I always feel more secure when wearing Labradorite.
3. Hematite: It’s a hefty and weighted stone. Really helpful for mental strength. It has a high iron content which connects you strongly to the earth and right into the present moment. It’s another great stone that aligns with the Base Chakra. To me, Hematite is like the crystal version of a weighted blanket. It’s calming during times of stress. Soothing, and reassuring, like someone is firmly holding you, looking you straight in the eye and and saying that “Everything is going to be OK”.
4. Obsidian: another grounding stone - strong, powerful, protective. Obsidian has a very powerful vibration. It can encourage you to move forward with strength and courage. Being volcanic glass, it also contains some fire element, which can help you step up and face your fears. It's also an aid in releasing the things that no longer serve you.
5. Aquamarine: This stone helps support your move through uncomfortable emotions. Aquamarine helps you let go and trust. It’s calming energy brings the serenity of gentle ocean waves upon the shore. It’s a Throat Chakra stone that also encourages you speak and communicate your truth.
6. Rose Quartz: this well known heart healer has such a beautiful, loving and soft vibration that can be beneficial for heart healing. It brings peaceful vibes and so much love. All kinds of love, including self love. Which is so helpful if you happen to be your own worst critic and berate yourself because of your fears. Rose Quartz can assist you in supporting yourself and sending love to your fears. Be kind to your own self.
As I mentioned above, there are thousands of different minerals that form a vast array of natural crystals. So, you can imagine that this list of stones recommended for fear are not the only ones that can help. There are so many others including, Amethyst, Malachite, Rhodonite, Clear Quartz, Smoky Quartz, Jasper. The list goes on and mother nature has so lovingly created these tools that can help support us during our very human moments.
Wearing crystal jewelry and also carrying stones are a powerful way to keep you present, fortify your inner strength and get you through the fear.
Another way to work through fear, that can be done alongside your crystal work, is reciting affirming mantras.
For example, I’ve found it very helpful to repeat this mantra:
I am strength, I am strength I am strength itself.
Which can ignite your inner strength.
Another option, which was part of a recent commencement speech by Oprah is her mantra:
Everything is always working out for me.
Additional energetic tools like flower essences and essential oils can also be beneficial. Mimulus Flower - from Bach Flower Remedies brings courage and calm to things that frighten or worry you, it also aids the shy and timid. Vetiver essential oil is supreme for grounding and calming.
One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again. ~ Abraham Maslow
Have you ever heard that idiom that mistakes keep showing up until we have learned the lesson from them?
In some ways I think that’s also true for fears. They might keep showing up, and in some cases escalate and get more difficult to deal with. I think fear is a highly personal experience and it’s possible we might be cleaning up deep fears that have spanned generations or many lives.
Whatever fears you are facing, know that you are not alone. There are crystals that can support you and if needed there are professionals that can help too. Keep the faith in yourself and send love to your fears. Summon the courage to trust in yourself. You’ve got this.
Writer and Editor, Certified Aromatherapist, Advanced Crystal Master, Reiki and Earth Medicine Practitioner.
Rainforest Jasper Necklace and Earrings Set
Rainforest jasper has a soft energy that carries a vibration of happiness and joy for life. This energy will contribute to bringing more pleasant people in to your life. It supports hope, energy and processing of grief or depression. It's also great for nature lovers because it will help you in healing Mother Earth and getting a deeper connection with her and other nature spirits. Jasper in general is worn by shamen for protection. It facilitates grounding and is known as the "supreme nurturer". It is especially helpful in situations involving social isolation. It is a stone that is very soothing to wear, especially during times of stress.
Astrology Outlook f...
Learn what this Leo season has in store for you with our monthly zodiac outlook, where we share crystals, meditations, and other self care tips to ...Read More
Revered for centuries by different cultures for its warm, fiery energy, Citrine truly is a stone of the sun. It is a fire stone, and like fire, Cit...Read More
Self-Care & Astrolo...
Learn what this Cancer season has in store for you with our monthly zodiac outlook, where we share crystals, meditations, and other self care tips ...Read More